Sometimes the only way to catch up on our lives is through bullet points (or asterisks in this case):
* Bryant and I went on 3 dates in February -- three! That dashes our last record of 2 in six months. We may not be able to keep up 3 per month, but just knowing that we'll likely be beating our previous record regularly keeps us both happy.
* Peter has learned to give the SWEETEST hugs ever! They melt my heart every time. He runs at you with his arms outstretched and hugs you tightly around your neck/head. It's pure heaven.
* Emmy goes to dance class once a week and absolutely adores it. She would live in her dance clothes if I let her. She's a good little dancer and eager to follow her dance teacher's instructions as long as she doesn't get distracted by her reflection in the mirror. I don't know if I should be amused at her love of her reflection or worried. For now I choose to be amused. Very amused.
* Since our move, Peter has decided that his weekends are dedicated to his dad. He wants nothing to do with his mom. I love that he shows preference for Bryant, especially since Bryant revels in it so much, but sometimes I think, is a smile at your mom too much to ask? On Sunday, apparently it is. At least the rest of the week he loves me.
* We recently got news that Bryant was awarded one of the research grants that he applied for!
* Bryant has been traveling some these last few weeks so I thought it would be fun to surprise him by painting our bedroom -- the ugliest room in our house. It was truly hideous. Whenever the kids would go down for naps and bedtime, I would paint. I ended up making myself sick, but the room looks a lot better.
* Just this past Friday, a man who I met on my mission in Brazil surprised me with a visit. I met Francisco in my second area, Asa Sul. He was one of the members of the church there and was so wonderfully kind to the missionaries. For some reason, in that area, not everyone was. That was also the area where I got pneumonia and spent 2 weeks in the hospital and another 4 weeks on bed rest, living with a family there. Francisco was so kind and compassionate during that difficult time for me.
I was disappointed that my Portuguese was so rusty and that I kept slipping up, even using Spanish words. It was so wonderful just to hear Portuguese again. That visit brought back so many wonderful memories of that special time in Brazil, over 5 years ago!
* Peter has been increasing his vocabulary. He now says: hi, bye, mama, dada, emmy, peter, ball. A lot of them sound alike, which warms our hearts even more.
* Emmy has really taken to the whole Princess thing lately. She constantly wants to be in her princess dresses and watch Beauty and the Beast. I think she would watch it 5 times a day, every day if I let her. She loves to run around the house singing, "No sir, not me, I guarantee it. I want much more than this provincial LOVE (we can't convince her that it says life, not love)."
* Saturday we devoted our entire day to play -- no work. It was such a nice change for us that I'm planning on implementing this rule at least once a month.